Saturday, May 25, 2013

This Boiler is Making Me Crazy....

I had a laundry that was having troubles with blow by, hot feed water, and other boiler issues. She had the boiler guys in, the chemical guys and still no progress. As a last resort, the boiler guy recommended to her to call me and have her steam traps checked. Everything was checking out until I went to the rear of the facility. Their I found a series of traps that all seemed to be blowing by. That did not make sense to me. After some time, I noticed a piping mistake. Please see the attached photos. One trap was installed backwards. This provided a bypass for the steam supply to the condensate return system. Steam in the condensate line will create havoc on the system and cause issues in the boiler room. A small trap piped wrong is all it takes to make a system crazy.-10uta

No comments:

Post a Comment